Commander Commander Wiggo Korsvik
SO EOD-IEDD, J3-5 Security and Protection
Norwegian Joint Headquarters
Main Conference Day One
Thursday, May 25th, 2017
• The challenges in developing common rules of engagement:
- How to identify an ‘enemy’ UAS versus friendly
- How to identify suspicious behaviour
When and where is it appropriate to engage with lethal/electronic countermeasures?
• Working within existing regulations on counter-drone measures in civilian air space
• Using EOD-IEDD processes of thinking to understand the UAS threat
• The proliferation of sophisticated drones and their ability to carry heavier payloads
• What is the most likely scenario involving an explosive UAS in the battlespace: what will be the trigger mechanism and how will they deploy it?
• Looking ahead to a Norwegian Joint Forces counter-UAS strategy and solution