Colonel Colonel Douglas White
TRADOC Capabilities Manager ADA Brigade and Counter-Unmanned Aircraft Systems
Fires Center of Excellence, US Army
Main Conference Day One
Thursday, May 25th, 2017
• Developing a common threat definition and joint doctrine for countering enemy UAS
• How to implement a cross-domain C-UAS doctrine that enables joint and multilateral responses
• C-UAS solution requirements – from the national level to the individual soldier in both urban and rural environments
• How successful have earlier government-led competitions for C-UAS been in supporting the requirements of the Army?
• How significant will Group 1 UAS be in future combat operations and to what extent are war-fighters prepared for this threat?
Main Conference Day Two
Saturday, May 27th, 2017
• The employment of kinetic and non-kinetic C-UAS solutions, their pros and cons, and the reality of their use in different battlespace environments
• The cost benefit conundrum – how to ensure that the cost of engagement doesn’t outweigh the cost of a UAS
• Industry’s role in shaping a C-UAS enterprise – translating requirements into reality
• Preferences of attribution over engagement?